I'm a Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Education at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I do work with technology for education in face-to-face and online environments in both K-12 and higher education. My research areas are student engagement, curricular integration of technology, curriculum design, culture learning, digital citizenship, and literacies.
- Ph.D. Education (2017-Present) - University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.A. Education (2019) - University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Thesis: Perceptions of undergraduate students about engaging in a community-based afterschool program
- M.S. Education (2016), Educational Technology Emphasis - Universidad del Norte, Colombia. (Cum Laude)
- Thesis: Development of the intercultural competence and digital competence of higher education students in online education.
- B.S. Computer Science (2011) Universidad del Norte, Colombia.
- Teaching certification-Higher Education Pedagogy. Universidad del Norte, Colombia (2014-2015).
- Educational Technology
- Curricular integration of ICT
- Digital Citizenship
- Student Engagement
- Digital Literacy
- Intercultural Education
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Online Education
Honorable mention - Big Ideas (2018). Project: "Let's learn Mixtec", University of California, Berkeley – May 2018.
- Teaching Excellence Award (2016): Award given by Universidad del Norte to professors who are distinguished for being innovators in the classroom and provide an enrichment experience to their students within and outside the classroom.
- Distinguished student (2014-2015) of the Master of Education program. Universidad del Norte.